Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Job Interview

Instructions: Read the text and choose the best options.

 updated          trouble             website                 keen                   

               on                    prepare            impression   subsidiaries            fault              enthusiasm              slack

I was told the best way to  ____________ for an interview is

by going to the company’s ____________ and finding

everything you can about them. The idea, of course, is that it

creates a good ____________ and proves that you are

____________ working for them because they can see

you’ve done your homework. The ____________was that

they hadn’t done theirs – the webpage hadn’t been

____________ for over a year, so I asked all these questions

about products they didn’t produce and subsidiaries that no

longer existed. They must have thought I wasn’t very well

prepared. It wasn’t my fault, though, and I kind of lost

enthusiasm for the job once I found out what had happened. I

mean. It’s a bit  ____________, isn’t it? 

2 comments:

  1. 1.prepare
    2.website
    3.impression
    4.kenn
    5.trouble
    6.updated
    7.slack

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was told the best way to (prepare) for an interview is

    by going to the company’s (website) and finding

    everything you can about them. The idea, of course, is that it

    creates a good (impression) and proves that you are

    (enthusiasm) working for them because they can see

    you’ve done your homework. The (trouble) was that

    they hadn’t done theirs – the webpage hadn’t been

    (updated) for over a year, so I asked all these questions

    about products they didn’t produce and subsidiaries that no

    longer existed. They must have thought I wasn’t very well

    prepared. It wasn’t my fault, though, and I kind of lost

    enthusiasm for the job once I found out what had happened. I

    mean. It’s a bit (slack), isn’t it?

    ReplyDelete